Monday, August 01, 2005

a new career?

My friend's grandfather died a while back, and because of family issues, logistics, etc. the service was held just last weekend. She had to deliver the eulogy. Her mom wrote a glowing tribute to this man, most of which was entirely made up. Apparently he was not as beloved by his family as we all (I think) would like to be. Tiny giggles here instead of a LOL because it is sad and funny at the same time. Anyway, this friend was, shall was say, uncomfortable at the idea of delivering this speech full of lies. She turned to me in her distress.

I took the text she had, eliminated some stuff, added other stuff, and created a eulogy that she felt she could read without considering herself a hypocrite. In addition, it was received very well by the attendees and family alike, and she came out looking great.

I love it when I can use my skills to help out friends.

I am now offering my writing and editing skills for hire. Need a eulogy? Toast for a wedding? Heck, I could probably write a pretty damn good proposal, since I was the one in my marriage who did the asking. This should not surprise anyone who knows me. Rates determined on a case-by-case basis. Any takers? Bueller ..... Bueller ....

1 comment:

  1. I want to ask a guy out and I can't do it. Maybe I need some coaching from you, sister!

    ReplyDelete