Sunday, October 16, 2005

A momentous decision

Have you ever wanted something? Like REALLY REALLY wanted it? So bad you could picture it in your possession, how you would place it just so on that table? And how perfect and lovely it would be, just to know it was yours?

Yeah, well, if you can't tell, I have experienced such desire. Carnal lust, even.

And soon my desires will be fulfilled. Soon the coveted item (actually items)will be mine. It will come in the mail and I will unwrap it and release it in all its colorful splendor to enhance my life and enrich my creative capabilities.

So what is it?

You have to promise not to laugh.

Promise?

Okay.

It's ...... paper.

Cardstock to be exact. But this is not just any cardstock --- no, no, no, let me disabuse you of that misconception immediately. This is Bazzill. (Rhymes with dazzle.) It's Bazzill Doodlebug, to be exact. A blending of 2 of my fave scrapbook companies. The perfect marriage.

I have been keeping my eye on this cardstock for 6 months or more on eBay. It comes in 45 colors -- colors with names like Katydid, and Bubblegum, and Forget-me-Not. I would love to work for a company where all I did all day was dream up new names for the colors of things. These names are simple but perfect. They evoke childhood, they are carefree and innocent, like Ladybug and Pistachio.

I am not a "grunge" scrapper. I can appreciate the style -- I love some of the pages that people have made using product lines that I don't particularly like. I can appreciate them; I can't be creative with them, myself, though, because they are just not my scene. Companies like Basic Grey, Wild Asparagus, and 7 Gypsies make great stuff -- but it's not MY stuff.

I like these bright, happy colors -- Swimming Pool, Bumblebee, Marmalade. So sue me. Call me "Little Mary Sunshine." Tell me I see the world through Cupcake-colored glasses.

I don't care.

It was a big step for me to order this stuff. I have never bought more than 10 pages of Bazzill cardstock at one time in my 7 year scrapbooking career. Now, here I am, waiting for 225 sheets to arrive at my door. That is a LOT.

I'll be back to update over the next few days, but if I disappear for awhile starting about mid-week, don't worry.

I'm just in Bazzill Doodlebug Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your kitchen is just oozing with Bumblebee Pistachio paper soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:46 PM

    ACK! You're going to have to crop a lot to get 225 sheets used! Can't wait til you get home...crop club ahoy!!

    ReplyDelete