Thursday, August 03, 2006

FYI to my local TV news "reporters" ...

And I use "reporters" in the broadest sense of the word possible.

When an alarm company calls you to let you know that there is another alarm company going door-to-door selling alarms in your city, and tells you that company does have a peddler's license in the city ...

do NOT interview the alarm company and ask them how to be safe from questionable door-to-door salespeople!

Check out the peddler's license with the city, call the holder of the license and ask for an interview or a statement ...

interview a police officer and get tips for avoiding being "taken" by disreputable, high-pressure sales type companies.

But DON'T let a commercial establishment drive a story that insinuates their competition is dishonest or a scam.

It's their competition, dumbass.

And for the record, I did not need to go to journalism school to figure that one out. I would have known it when I was 12.

You just suck.

2 comments:

  1. I did not realize you had the same news in MN that we view here in po-dunk, KY.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine our DINFOS instructors? I bet they are shooting their M-16's at the TV!

    ReplyDelete