Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Taaaaa - daaaaaaaa!!!!!!



This is my room. My little space for just me. I have my computer, my scrap supplies, some genealogy things, my sewing machine and accessories, my paints and "stuff." All my creative goodies.

The carpet got pulled up the night before our household goods arrived. The original hardwood floors are in okay shape. Good enough that they look fine, not so good that I will feel any guilt if I (as I inevitably will) spill paint, Mod Podge, or other goo on them.

There are more photos in my gallery at Scrapjazz. I will add a few tomorrow, for sure one of my desk. My oak roll top computer desk was a gift from my parents in 1997. I had wanted a roll top desk from the time I was about 12. This thing is huge -- 52" wide -- and absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE it. It is my favorite piece of furniture. Right now it is a disaster (okay, it is always a disaster, but that's why I wanted a roll top) but I will spruce it up a bit and show it off tomorrow. I have a couple of little accessories that need to be shown off, one in particular that has a special meaning to this blog.

The big boys started school Tuesday. All went fine and they are doing well. Spence is eager for Monday, when his school starts. My folks have been here for a visit, so today was spent in recovery mode. (I don't do my regular household chores while they are here, so I always have to play catch-up). Tomorrow, a few more things around the house, a trip to the Goodwill, and maybe some actual scrapping. Woo hoo!

I have much to say about happenings and thoughts lately, too, so expect posts on Steve Irwin, a parenting piece on the delicate balance between teaching your child to be obedient and teaching him/her not to be a doormat for other people (abusers or just bossy sorts...), a piece on growing up the daughter of a Vietnam veteran (and the differences between deployments of today and 36 years ago, with insights from my mom), some more pix of the house and the boys' fab surf bedroom, and maybe some book things, too.

I have missed my blogging, and now that I will have some structure in my life, perhaps I'll be able to get back in here and offer those opinions again.

I know you're waiting for it, right?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 AM

    Your room looks awesome. You did a great job and how nice to have a place to go to keep your sanity. Can't wait to see it for real. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:33 AM

    WOW!!! Your room is sooooo cool!!! I'm so jealous. Can't wait to see all you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:45 PM

    The room looks great! I am a little concerned about the giant candle in the foreground...that's just a perspective thing right? They don't really make candles that big do they?

    Can't wait to see the boys' room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Wow! It is hard to believe how far you have gone from your first scrapbooking adventure to now. I can't tell you how much are first all night Scrapping was so much fun. I am so excited about doing Chloe's book. It sure wont look anything like Bailey's. And looking at your room makes me miss my scrapbooking/craft room. We have moved almost everything out since it will soon be Chloe's room. Love you and miss talking to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am salivating! Waiting for more blog news.
    Miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete