Friday, December 29, 2006

Now I lay me down to sleep

This is a searing, emotional website, so proceed with caution, especially if you are pregnant or a new momma. But the photographers signed up on this site provide a wonderful service for families who've lost children. Sarah, the mom who lost her 2 year old daughter Teegan on December 11, is a photographer and is on the list of providers in her area. She had no idea her first shoot would be with her own child. Two of her beautiful photos can be seen here and here. I am posting this here on Sarah's behalf.

If you are so inclined, you may sign this petition to encourage CBS to educate the public about bereavement/remembrance photography. Many parents do not know about this free service, and many people do not understand the comfort and solace it can bring to a family in mourning.

You can search for photographers in your area. If there is not a photographer in your area but you know one, please let them know about this website and the need for their help.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Those photos brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah's photos are the among the most beautiful that I have seen.

    I pray that I never know her pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:43 AM

    gosh! those photos are so moving. the pain so alive. but a sense of closure comes by with these pics. something i never had when i lost my 1 yr old baby sister.
    -sumedha

    ReplyDelete