Wednesday, July 18, 2007

JACKPOT!




My grandma sent me a huge box of family memorabilia -- photos, papers, newspaper clippings -- all from her brother, who died about a year and a half ago. This is a wonderful thing, and I was so excited about the stuff I discovered in there.

However, it turns out that she (unknowingly) sent her brother's cremains, too.

Yep, good ol' Uncle Henry is in the garage right now, waiting until I can take him to Wisconsin to the family cemetery plot.

My grandma was horrified. I have to be honest, though, I just laughed. Hysterically. It really IS funny.

Or maybe it's just me.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:41 PM

    Uncle Henry must have wanted to go for a ride? Good you got that all straightened out though and he'll be buried where she wanted him anyway right? All's well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Yes, that is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was funny when you told me and I am glad that you have everything under control.

    How is the brother?? I know a really nice girl in Indiana he might like. ;) j/k

    ReplyDelete