Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Still working

The dresser is primed now. Looks ... uh, okay. I am sincerely hoping the paint will be an improvement. We had houseguests last night and had a great birthday dinner for Rob -- tri-tip, Caprese salad, oven roasted potatoes and German Chocolate cake. Soooo glad that the mega cake-making thing is done for another year. Those cakes are delicious, but fussy, and they use a million and one measuring containers and mixing vessels.

Today I volunteered at the Book Fair where the volunteer who trained me in somehow made me feel as though I was either a 4 year old or a complete moron. What a freakin' bitch. Turns out I handled the job well and lo and behold I ran the credit cards correctly, remembered the stickers for books donated to teachers' classrooms, and managed to make sure the cash drawer was attended at ALL TIMES because of course I would never have thought that necessary without the 5 minute diatribe on the necessity of supervising it CAREFULLY. Argh.

Home for a few blissful hours to do my own stuff -- I would like to be in the scrap room but the dresser called, and now the laundry is beckoning. And it is 4:00 and I just heard the bus pull up, so my quiet time is over for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment