Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Need a house cleaner?

I started cleaning house today for money. Right now it's just for one friend but one morning a week will give me some "fun money" and help her keep her life under control. It's a win-win. I don't know that I'll take it any further than that, but I made great money in college hiring myself out as a part-time cleaning lady. I like seeing the results of my work and I love the flexibility, so who knows ... Plus, as mentioned previously, I ROCK at housecleaning.

In other news, we closed up the camper for the year tonight. I emptied the Porta-Potti and rinsed it out well, we put the linens into the storage compartments, and made sure everything was working. Don't want to put it away for the winter knowing there is something that needs fixing.

I feel good that it's done, but a little sad, too. It's fun to know that it will be there for us in the spring, though, ready for new adventures with 3 boys and a little pug.

Getting the linens back into the camper opens up another giant tote for me. This is good because I need some containers in which to haul all of my stuff to the church for the rummage sale. I hope to get through that stuff Saturday, pinning outfits together and sorting through things one more time before sending it out the door to be useful for someone else.

Evan had me come and pick him up from school this afternoon, complaining of a tummyache and a headache. It was 3:20 when he called and school is out at 3:35, but he didn't want to ride the bus home. I gave him Tylenol and 2 hours later he had a temp of 100.6. (Of course I neglected to take his temp right after school.) It looks like he'll be home tomorrow and I am hoping it's just some little 24 hour bug.

I started recording Rob's reading assignments on the computer the other day. Puts my "golden voice" LOL to good use, I guess. Reading stuff written in academic style is a lot harder than when it's written for broadcast style, though. Those academics don't like to limit their sentences to 20 words or less. I had several spots where I croaked the last word of a sentence because I was all out of air and hadn't had a good point in the sentence to take a breath. Plus some of the words they use -- oligopoly? Honestly, who can say that cold without a rehearsal? I totally goofed it up. Oh well. He said it worked fine in the car the other day and I am glad to be of some help. The other students on his team asked if I was angling for a BMW. Of course, they don't know that I would NEVER ask for a BMW -- I want a 1959 Cadillac. LOL I am nothing if not unique. Or odd. Or eccentric. I embrace these terms.

So it's Wednesday and today I found myself thinking, "Oh, it's Wednesday -- West Wing night." Oops. That show has been off the air for 2 years. I miss it a lot. I may have to invest in the entire show DVDs. Only about $300 ... well, maybe for my birthday.

There you have it. Randomness at its finest. Have a great Thursday, all. I am off to tuck my sick child in and get some sleep, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment