Friday, October 26, 2007

Nineteen years

Since I left for boot camp. It almost doesn't feel real. I watched an episode of "Leave it to Beaver" (my favorite old show EVER) the other day where Beaver's school assignment was to write an essay about what his mom did before she was a mom. Beaver's mom did not have enough exciting things to suit him, so he made stuff up.

It got me thinking: do my kids know all the cool stuff I did when I was just Jennifer? That I went to Brazil at 17 as an exchange student? That I worked in Washington, DC for a Senator for a summer? That I met Sens. Teddy Kennedy, Paul Wellstone, Paul Simon, Bob Graham, and many more? That I served in the Army as a broadcaster? That I was an optician, a grocery clerk, a customer service rep, a file clerk, a cleaning lady, a news anchor, a babysitter, a disk jockey, a librarian?

Some of it they know. And most of it, I suspect, is completely uninteresting to them. I guess it's a good thing it was interesting to me.

For a look back at Army life, check out this entry here from 2 years ago. Hoo-rah.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:36 AM

    It still amazes me that you were in the Army. Not because you're "not the type" but just because I actually know the mom-version of you, and I didn't know that Jennifer.

    But I am glad you were in the Army! Thanks soldier!

    ReplyDelete