Thursday, October 25, 2007

Random stuff

I spent all day at school today. I could not do that every day. Thanks goodness for the awesome teachers and other staff who can. My kids are lucky to attend such a terrific school.

To my 3 commenters from the other day (2 of whom do not have blogs) -- I will get you your handmade items, and the 2 who are not bloggers just have to pay it forward by giving 3 people something you've made. Any 3 people you know -- give them a little something "just because." And I still have 2 more spots open for bloggers who want to get in on the fun.

As for burning my bridges with the sewing store, well, yeah. I did that. But I'm okay with it. I thought about it before I made the call and since I don't shop there all that often and it's usually just for specialty items I will just go to the local quilting store or to the internet. I guess my penance for the sin of anger is that I will have to hone my patience. That needs serious work, so it will be good for me. Plus the border I ordered will be here shortly and I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime. It's all good.

Tonight for dinner -- Cornish pasties (short "a" people. Not the things you find on a stripper. LOL). Well, sort of. They have pork instead of beef and I've included onions, which apparently is a no-no, but I made the pork roast yesterday and I included onions, so there you have it.

**ETA: Carrots. She told me no carrots. Onions are good, but she said no carrots. Too bad. The carrots were really good in the pasties. LOL

Tomorrow, a field trip to the planetarium, an afternoon at the local YMCA, and this weekend a big school event that I look forward to every year. This year I confess I am looking more forward to when the event is over. Sigh.

And one last thing: every once in awhile, my computer "tweets." I cannot for the life of me figure out why it makes a sound like the birds who help with Cinderella's dress, but it does. So does anyone know of some random thing on my computer (PC, Windows XP, Mozilla Firefox) that would make it chirp?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:01 PM

    Do you have IM up all of the time? People can set up their own sounds to go off when they sign on/off. My girlfriend's is a horse neighing, and for the first week, I could NOT figure out what it was...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who says that onions in a pastie is a no-no? I come from a long line of pastie makers, and I can't imagine one without onions. In my opinion, a pastie without onions is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without peanut butter OR jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 PM

    Mmmm...pasties!

    I dunno about the computer. I turn to my man in times such as that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Thanks for the explanation, but I think I'm still gonna need a more in-depth definition of a pastie, that or a recipe. :shrug:

    ReplyDelete