Saturday, November 10, 2007

Oh. My. Goodness.




My grandma offered to pay for tickets for me to see Bruce again at the Excel Energy Center in March 2008. She wanted to make a grand gesture to me for my Christmas and birthday presents because I did a lot of work laying her brother Henry to rest. It wasn't that much work and didn't cost much money, which I kept telling her. I genuinely didn't mind any of it, even the hassles, because it gave me a wealth of funny stories to tell in my old age and it gives me a good feeling to know I have helped. My grandparents have done a lot for me.

But she insisted, and when Evan (my 8 year old who is named for Bruce's eldest son) heard that there was another concert in March and said, "Hey! Can I go to the concert for my birthday?" I said okay, she could buy the tickets and thank you very much.

They went on sale this morning and after several failed attempts in which the computers didn't recognize my interpretations of their security codes as correct, my husband swept in, saved the day, and procured General Admission FLOOR tickets for us.

March 16, 2008. Me and Evan. At the Excel Energy Center, screaming our lungs out for The Boss and the amazing E Street Band.

I can't believe it. I am so excited. And my son cannot wipe the grin off his face. Talk about quality time. It will be a night neither of us will forget.

Thanks, Grandma. Those words are so inadequate, but they're all I've got. Thank you.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going too! Was that concert this month not the most amazing thing EVER? Woooohoooo!

    ReplyDelete