Thursday, March 06, 2008

Now it's your turn

I am calling parents to ask them to volunteer for the Book Fair. My kids attend a school where it is made clear to ALL parents that we are all responsible for our children's success and that each family is expected to contribute to the overall success of the school by volunteering in addition to being exemplary parents who do everything right. Okay, so I actually fail miserably on that second part, but I try.

The point of this is simply to say, "If there is an expectation that you will contribute some volunteer time and you are allowed to CHOOSE which events you will be contacted about, please do the poor woman on the phone a favor and let her put you down for 2 lousy hours."

I'm not calling everyone, just the people who have already expressed an interest. I need 40 time slots filled and right now I am at 19.

Pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Sign me up for 2 hours. Ha Ha. If I was there I would help in a heartbeat there is nothing better then a book fair at your child's school. You are a great Mother to do this.

    ReplyDelete