Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness. Meh.

It's that time of year again. Everybody's all worked up about their brackets.

In my world, brackets are the things that hold up shelves. Preferably shelves that hold books.

It's Thursday, and I am alive. And since you're reading this, you are too. Congratulations, my friend. We have made it through a good portion of the week. That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Honestly, the week has not been as bad as I had anticipated. Yesterday I even got a break and went to IKEA and out for lunch with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. And I spent ZERO dollars. At IKEA. I KNOW! (Although that likely had something to do with the fact that in the 2 previous days we had spent a total of $750 on new rims for Rob's car and new tie rods for mine. Chrysler, you are in the Dog. House. Seriously.)

So today is some volunteering at school and at the Book Fair. Have I mentioned I really like books? And the sky is blue and the sun is shining. I'll make dinner later and put my lovely little men to bed. And I will watch The Daily Show because Bruce will be on, singing "Working on a Dream."

So March Madness may be driving me nuts right now, but tonight I'll be in my very own zone (having nothing to do with ESPN), watching and listening, enraptured, if only for a few minutes. And that, my friends, is not a bad way to end a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment