Sunday, April 26, 2009

Book of Me

I mentioned earlier this month that I had signed up for a number of challenges to push myself a bit. Turns out it was more pushing than I could handle this month. The Photo Hunt stuff needs to be posted by Friday and I have about 20 photos left to take, the Circle Journal needs to be mailed May 15 and it is in the works but not done yet, and I don't think I even mentioned the Book of Me Challenges from Georgina.

I have wanted to make a Book of Me for a long time -- I was the first grandchild on both sides of the family, the first girl in several generations in my dad's family, and my dad left for Vietnam when I was a week old. There are, as you might guess, an embarrassing number of photos of my first year of life.

I thought it would be fun to do a book of that first year and include things about me today, too. Since I am currently in my 40th year (think about it: you celebrate your first year of life as you begin your second year), and Georgina started a Book of Me Challenge, I decided I might as well get started.

Wouldn't you know it, the month has been so busy and I am already behind. But I did complete this layout and scan it. It's a 12x12, and ordinarily I don't post my big layouts because my scanner can't scan them all at once and I have no software to stitch them together. Until today. A few weeks ago I got Photoshop Elements 7 and lo and behold, it stitches images together for you.



Pink and black cardstock is Bazzill, patterned paper is from the Making Memories Sabrina line, flower stamp from Studio G, rhinestones are the Michaels brand. The title was cut on my Silhouette - the font is Christie.

Stay tuned -- I am going to do my best to get the remaining photos for that Photo Hunt and post them by Friday.

3 comments:

  1. I really could have done without the reminder that I am now in my
    40th year of life. Holy smokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Of course, I'm so far behind on my kids' books that I doubt I'd make one! But I LIKE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck finishing everything, Jennifer! I still have 8-10 photos left to take too! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete