Thursday, October 01, 2009

Maybe the Metamucil worked

Or something. Anyway, it appears that I am once again becoming a "regular" blogger.

Quick post today because chaos once again is reigning supreme over my life; my uncle Dirk is here at Mayo for a professional something and will be joining us for dinner tonight.

Could you join me in a collective sigh of relief that my mom was here last week and helped me clean the house? I know.

I have a mystery, though: there are tiny rocks ALL. OVER. MY. HOUSE. Well, the main floor, anyway. I just picked up a bunch in the bathroom while I was tidying up. We've moved past the phase where Garrett brings home pockets full of rocks from preschool (he is in 7th grade, after all). So where are the freakin' rocks coming from? Grrr.

In other news, I started volunteering at school today and it was awesome. Many of the kids in Evan's class know me, and I was greeted with cheers, squeals, and a ton of hugs from the girls. The boys all stayed cool, though. It's okay. Fifth grade, man. You gotta be tuff.

And a new system is evolving with regard to chores, homework and personal hygiene. Pictures next week, if it continues to be a success.

Last, look for a post soon (I hope) about overcommitting, trying to do it all, and that one little word that is so terribly hard to say: NO. I am getting pretty good at it.

That's all for today -- off to make cranberry lime sauce, apple tarts, and tidy up for our guest.

1 comment:

  1. The rocks are coming in off shoes. Someone is walking though them and they are sticking in deep shoe crevices. I have this same issue. And then once they are in the house; socks will transport them and they get kicked around etc....
    They are easier to clean up than the brick dust from baseball, though.

    ReplyDelete