Friday, February 19, 2010

Giving in to the feeling

We were up late last night watching Evan Lysacek win his gold medal. Awesome. And I was up early this morning for my 40th birthday physical, Now With Mammogram! Woot. Not so bad except I was fasting for the blood work and I was really hungry by the time I got out of there.
Plus the doc congratulated me on my weight loss (no, I have no idea how much I weighed before OR now) and I credit my dedication to regular meals (hello, breakfast) and my commitment to getting enough rest (which, it turns out, is even more critical for me than I thought).

Now I am home and I have nothing scheduled, because I didn't know how long the medical stuff would take.

And I am tired.

Now in the past I might have just pushed through it, might have forced myself to scrub a toilet or do some laundry or vacuum.

But today, after several months of trying to listen to my body, give it what it needs, and being determined to feel no guilt over it, I am going to take a nap. In the room with the darkening shades closed, in the queen size bed with the new electric blanket, I will sleep.

And when I wake up I will feel rested, I will be cheerful, and I will not feel guilty. I hope.

2 comments: