Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Back so soon?

I feel energized. Sitting in my chair, feeling focused and happy. There is nothing like a plan to make me feel better. The sun the last couple of days hasn't hurt.

And, in a burst of energy, I revamped the blog today. Inertia rules in my world, especially when it comes to technology. I loved the blog header made for me by a friend, but I needed to update, sweep up the cobwebs, freshen it up, and remove some of the old elements.

I am pleased with it -- and more pleased that I actually got it done myself. I looked at Etsy for some digital help, but am as yet unwilling to drop 100 bucks on this little baby. I am not in this for readers, or fame, or ad revenue -- after almost 8 years, it still really is just the place where I sweep out my brain, organize my thoughts, and process the stuff of life.

Let me know what you think of the new look. Drop me a note, send me a challenge, let me know what's up with you.

2013 is looking pretty good. At 42, I have a healthy fear of the unknown, but I've learned all we can do is live today and do the best we can. I think that is best summed up by Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."

Busy livin'. Messy, imperfect, chaotic, blessed, love-filled ... I've got it all, and I look forward to sharing it with you this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment