Friday, October 31, 2014

Carrying a Torch

A boy I once loved died last night. Too young, needlessly. He fell asleep at the wheel.
Today has been a torrent of memories ... a Boston Red Sox cap, softball games, a Chinese restaurant in Georgia. Barracks, uniforms, and magical summer nights. A reunion, deep affection, and a long, soul-baring talk. A sunset over the ocean, an impromptu dance in a Hollywood restaurant, a hip LA bar where he sat in with the band, the Chinese Theatre at 3 AM. 
He was happy. He was good at what he did, and he was loved. He was glad I had Rob and though I hadn't seen him in over 10 years, we both knew if the other needed us we would be there.
The world is a sadder place tonight. Please hold his beloved mom and sisters in the light. He was charming, intelligent, a talented musician and promoter, an incredible dancer, and an all- around good guy. 
Dammit, Torch. You told me you wouldn't break my heart again.

No comments:

Post a Comment