Monday, September 26, 2005

Another birthday!

Happy belated birthday to my beloved husband, Rob. Yesterday was the big day -- 36! We went to church in the morning and had a *babysitter* in the afternoon -- I know, a shock. We hardly ever get a sitter.

We went to the Almaden Art and Wine Festival and had a lovely afternoon sipping wine and looking at all the exhibits. I actually found a watercolor print I wanted -- we've been looking for a piece of art to bring back to Minnesota with us. We wanted something representative of our time here -- beach or coastal scenes, Redwoods, mountains ... didn't really matter what it was or what medium, as long as it spoke to us -- and there it was, a piece titled "Beautiful Almaden" by a local artist who, coincidentally, lives on the street where we rented our first house here. Very nice -- and we are so glad to have found it, showing our little neighborhood with Mount Umunhum looking over the valley.

Then we hit an Italian place on recommendation from my friend Nicole, a native of San Jose. By the Bucket was a hit -- great food (Rob had Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon and Jamaican Scallops, I had Paella), good wine, and a very nice afternoon. The salad was especially good -- Mozzarella, Basil, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Balsamic Vinegar. YUM!

My package arrived from Minnesota this morning, so I have been putting pages in order in the California scrapbook - so much fun to see the first few months of our time here preserved for later. It will be fun to show people when we get back to the Midwest.

And once again, Happy Birthday to my hubby -- after almost 10 years I still giggle when I say that -- it just sounds funny. He is my friend, my confidant, my "soft place to fall," as Dr. Phil would say. There is no one who could make me feel the way he does -- and I couldn't ask for a better daddy for my kids. He loves us all in a deep, strong way. I am so grateful for him!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Rob!

    And, I will take it as a compliment that you think I sound like you, even if you don't agree with me all of the time. Holding stuff in isn't good!

    ReplyDelete