Friday, October 14, 2005

100 things about me

1. I am fiercely loyal.
2. Unless you piss me off -- then get outta my way.
3. I have multiple celebrity crushes.
4. My husband is so confident I adore him that he isn't jealous of my crushes.
5. I have known my husband since I was 9 years old.
6. I was 12 and wearing a red and white swimsuit when he fell in love with me.
7. It took me another 10 years to fall in love with him.
8. Every guy I dated got compared to my husband -- and they all lost.
9. I remember the *exact* moment I first fell for him -- I was 15, and I didn't trust my instincts.
10. I am a perfectionist.
11. I expect the rest of the world to live up to my standards.
12. I am often disappointed in the rest of the world. LOL
13. I used to be a Democrat; now I am a politically obsessed woman with no organization to cling to.
14. I love to decorate.
15. I am pretty good at it.
16. I have a soft spot in my heart for Marines.
17. The reason for that soft spot is named Mark and that's all I have to say about that.
18. I love old movies like Casablanca and Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.
19. I also love 80's movies like The Breakfast Club and Top Gun.
20. I am a compulsive proofreader.
21. When I was a kid I wished I had been a teenager in the 50s.
22. Now teenagers tell me I was so lucky to be a teenager in the 80s.
23. I think they're right. Parachute pants, anyone?
24. I love all kinds of music.
25. But I don't like the crap they call country that's on the radio these days.
26. I call the Dixie Chicks the "Southern Sluts." They are skanky and icky.
27. I think George Strait and Alan Jackson are awesome.
28. I almost always think I can do ______ better than whoever is doing it at the time.
29. Usually I am right.
30. I volunteer a lot because of this. I always figure if I do it at least it will be done well.
31. I mourn the lack of etiquette in the world today. People don't RSVP or write thank you notes.
32. I try to write thank you notes and I always RSVP.
33. I LOVE books and I read a lot.
34. I love wine and am learning more about it.
35. I hate Merlot.
36. I think most professional and college athletes are thugs.
37. I always wanted a little girl.
38. I have 3 boys and wouldn't trade any of them for anything.
39. Although I wish I could figure out how to make them enjoy personal hygiene.
40. I don't do mornings.
41. Unless it's REALLY necessary I won't get out of bed before 7:30.
42. I did that early-morning crap in the Army.
43. I am SO over it now.
44. A lot of girls marry a guy just like their dad. I married a guy who's much more like my mom.
45. I dated guys like my dad.
46. Dumped every last one of them.
47. I read at least one newspaper per day, and I follow the news online.
48. I watch ABC World News Tonight every night.
49. I will miss Peter Jennings forever.
50. I could be rightly called a news junkie.
51. I worked as a TV newscaster.
52. I was damn good at anchoring.
53. I was a mediocre reporter. I hated doing my own camera work and lugging everything. I was a better reporter when I had a crew to boss around.
54. I think it is irresponsible to not follow the news and be aware of what is going on -- in the world but also (especially) in your own community.
55. I believe people would pay more attention to the news if they understood how it affected their lives.
56. I am deathly afraid of spiders.
57. California has a LOT of spiders. Many of them live in my house.
58. I kill at least a spider a day. They don't pay rent, they die. Period.
59. I am an awesome cook.
60. I have a fab kitchen that is huge, with granite countertops and tons of space.
61. I hate it.
62. I enjoy sewing.
63. I am not very good at it.
64. My current craft obsession is scrapbooking.
65. I am VERY good at that, if I do say so myself.
66. I don't like to put away laundry. It could sit in a basket for weeks if I didn't force myself to put it away.
67. Because of this, my children (ages 8, 6, and 3) each have their own basket and put away their own clothes.
68. I am trying to improve my photography skills.
69.My favorite color is periwinkle.
70. Pink comes in a close second.
71. I love art -- making art, looking at art, discussing it .. yes, I am a geek.
72. My favorite art museum is the Chicago Art Institute.
73. I have been obsessed with Bruce Springsteen since I was 14.
74. I also love Frank Sinatra and I cried like a baby when he died.
75. I do family history and I love the history and research aspects of it.
76. I am so proud of the fact that I can name every one of my 16 great-great grandparents.
77. I believe it is very important to honor those who came before for their bravery and sacrifice. I come from some tough people!
78. I like to clean and my house is usually clean and neat.
79. I don't like clutter.
80. I am a total chocolate snob.
81. I love Dutch dark chocolate with hazelnut cream.
82. Scharffen Berger is my favorite American chocolate.
83. I believe Hershey's chocolate is good for s'mores and PMS. Nothing else.
84. Hershey's just bought Scharffen Berger.
85. I used to love Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate with Raspberries but they discontinued it.
86. I don't eat Ghirardelli chocolate anymore. I'm too bitter.
87. Speaking of bitter, I got a T-shirt at the Scharffen Berger factory that says, "extra bitter."
88. It's perfect for me.
89. I got so tired of making menus and cooking that I told my husband he's responsible for dinner every Friday night.
90. He is a great cook.
91. And a great husband.
92. 100 things is a lot.
93. I love the ocean.
94. The only place I love on earth more than any beach is Maple Lake, Minnesota.
95. I have several friends who live in Europe.
96. When I get there someday I have a free place to stay in Rome, a couple of places in the Czech Republic, and possibly in France.
97. I went to Brazil as an exchange student in 1987.
98. I have always wanted to go to Australia.
99. And Europe.
100. I am glad this is done!

4 comments:

  1. When you are ready to go on that trip, let me know. I can hook is up in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a HUGE list. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 AM

    you're a riot! I LOVE you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the list...WOW. I had to laugh at some of them...love your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete