Sunday, November 06, 2005

Weekend wrap-up

Stopped at the Farmers' Market today for some Heirloom Tomatoes and hit Trader Joe's for organic basil. They are gonna taste so good with the fresh mozzarella I bought yesterday in a caprese salad. Yum!!!

Went to visit New Almaden today and toured the Quicksilver Mining Museum. We were the only ones there and so got the full attention of our guide, who was terrific. Very interesting history here. After the museum we drove up the mountain to a trailhead, hopped out of the minivan, and headed into the woods. There was a picnic table not too far along, so we broke out the sandwiches, water, and snacks. Then a lovely hike along the trail, which was steep and windy but provided awesome views of the area, including the ever-present Mount Umunhum.

Tonight, salad and a baguette for dinner (hmmm? I wonder if I have an appropriate bottle of wine?). Then we'll put the kids down and settle in for the live debate episode of The West Wing, a new Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy. Dr. McDreamy, anyone? Oooooh, I love him.

I have 4 scrapbook pages to go until I meet my goal of 205 for the year. Once I hit that, I get a prize from my Creative Memories lady. Can't wait, so maybe I will try to find inspiration this week. If not, next Sunday I have a whole day of cropping at a local scrapbook store with my friend Sandy and 10 other women.

Okay, I guess that's about it. I'll try to post pix again later ... I've forgotten how since I did it the last time. Guess I'm not as tech-savvy as I'd like to think... and I'm probably the only one surprised by that, huh? That ego -- it gets me every time. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Just click on the picture button on the blogger tool bar when you do your posts and you can post photos. Let me know if you have any trouble.

    ReplyDelete