Friday, December 09, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

Okay, so I am not posting as regularly as I would like, but I have a reason. Of course, if I told you, I'd have to kill you. LOL

But I am working on a very exciting SUPER secret project right now, and I can reveal it in about a week. Until then, keep checking back and I'll try to keep you posted. We are going Christmas shopping for the boys tomorrow morning (Vanessa is watching them for us), and we will likely get a tree tomorrow too. Tuesday night I am hosting my moms' group's cookie exchange, so I have some baking to do this weekend too. (Like 6 DOZEN krumkake!).

I am NOT in a festive mood, my holiday spirit is almost nonexistent, and I am tired of dealing with "Christian" people who are the antithesis of what Christ wanted people to be!

For the record, I am NOT Christian. Have I mentioned this before? Well, I'm not. It was not a decision I made lightly. I've done a lot of reading, thinking, etc. I think I'm a Deist. But I celebrate Christmas -- not as the birth of a Savior, but as a time of year devoted to giving, to love, to helping others.... that appears to be lost on some people.

And I am so damn tired of the religious right -- the assholes. They have been bitching and moaning for YEARS about Christmas being too commericalized -- but now they're all pissy when Wal-Mart clerks don't say Merry Christmas or stores don't have Christmas decorations? WTF? Ugh. Can't make any of 'em happy. Honestly, it's times like this when I think the old adage I learned in the Army is right -- Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out. For pete's sake.

So Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Good Solstice, Happy Kwanzaaa, Happy Festivus, yada yada yada. And my personal favorite right now?

BAH HUMBUG!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:16 PM

    As a Christian, I can tell you the thing that is bugging me the most about the "Christian Wrong's" position on this Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas thing is that I would really prefer that people DON'T wish a holiday greeting they don't believe in.

    As a Christian I would prefer that "the masses" wouldn't use my religious holy days for financial gain. However, in the spirit of capitalism, and because I really like sparkly lights and shiny gift wrap (and presents...all I want is my fair share!) I'm willing to let it go. But I am glad that mass market retail "gets it" even if the Bible thumpers DO NOT that not every person in this country believes in the same things.

    Sorry that you're humbugged out J...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I couldn't agree with you more! People have totally lost track of what this time of year is supposed to be all about and it makes me so happy to have found your blog! You are really funny! Hang in there! Happy Winter!

    ReplyDelete