Thursday, December 22, 2005

Prayers

My sister-in-law is going through a very difficult time right now -- her best friend's 16 year old daughter died unexpectedly yesterday. She had been ill with cancer, but went in for an MRI, apparently had a stroke, and came out of the MRI brain dead. So sad.

And Tony Dungy, head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, is dealing with the death of his 18 year old son James in Florida. I am sure the entire Colts community is just reeling with this news, and my heart goes out to them. (And to Teresa, a true blue Colts fan if ever there was one.)

It is never a good time to lose a loved one, but I think deaths around the holidays are especially cruel. The month of December is full of sad anniversaries for me -- funerals and deaths -- and while you go on, it certainly takes some of the magic out of the season.

My prayers and good wishes for everyone who is dealing with the loss of a loved one -- no matter how long ago. We miss the people we love at this time of year, it's only natural. Take a little time for yourself, and if you're too sad to do anything for you, do something nice for someone else. It just might make you feel better, too.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:52 AM

    I believe you are right, death at anytime is hard, but during the holidays, it does seem particularly cruel.

    My sincerest prayers to each and every person who will spend the holidays without a loved one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was stunned to hear about Tony's son and now this other young soul. It sucks anytime but it is worse now. Prayers going up. XO

    ReplyDelete