Monday, January 23, 2006

National Pie Day

Yup, that's what it is. I don't know why, exactly, but Bill and Marla on the radio say it's so.

I spent the first part of the morning running around at school, prepping for an art lesson I'm teaching on Wednesday. The kids are doing a clay project -- a fish, to be exact. We're exploring texture in this lesson, and although it's messy and stressful, I do enjoy the art stuff. Guess it's 'cause I love to just make a big ol' mess.

Which is what I'm off to do in the kitchen. Can't let National Pie Day go by without baking one, now can I? And I have home-canned apple pie filling ready to go, so it's a no-brainer. Gotta love that.

After last week and my horrible hormones I owe my family a little love. Poor guys.
So here's the finished product:


Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment