Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Whew.

It's Wednesday evening. I have spent $80 in copays at Kaiser this week. That's 4 visits. In 3 days.

And get this -- 2 of them were mine. Yes, I will spare you the gory details, but I had an ingrown toenail on my left "great toe." (Why do they call it a great toe, not a big toe? Honestly, it is not currently, nor was it then, great. At all. It fuckin' hurt.)

Monday -- in for a painless exam, a little maneuvering by the doc, an order to soak it every 4 hours for a few days, no problem.

Tuesday -- a consult with a plastic surgeon for Spencer, who will be having a minor surgery in a few weeks. All is well, no worries, but still...

Wednesday -- back to the doc for Mommy who now has a *really* heinous looking "great toe" and who receives not one, not two, but 3 injections of pain meds. And yes, they normally only need to administer 2. And yes, again, the third was administered *after* the er, procedure, was underway. Actually, she offered and I said no, thinking I could tough it out for a few seconds rather than deal with the stingy - icky injection thing. I did do childbirth with very minimal meds, after all. I am tough. Cut to me, crying, telling the doc, I need more drugs. Ha. Not so tough after all, I guess. Who knew?

But my "great toe" is all bandaged up now and feeling better.

Then this afternoon, back to the doc, the Pediatrician this time, who looked at Evan for his 7 year well child exam and said, "He looks great." Well, I knew that.

In other news, no, my sewing project is NOT done. I would join the Procrastinators Club (as one of my online friends says), but I keep putting it off. Ha.

Tomorrow -- art at school in the morning. We are glazing ceramic pieces, so that should be, well, interesting. Then sewing. I promise. Then baseball practice, more sewing, possibly a meal, more sewing ... yeah. This so I can have fun on Friday and reward myself by scrapping, reading (currently The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory), and whatever I want.

Accomplished this week? Bathrooms are clean, laundry is done (Rob is in charge of putting it away with the boys), kitchen floor has been scrubbed, Art Vistas projects for school are ready to display at the Art Fair (yay me), and there is a general sense of order in my home. Not perfect, but hey, I like the little dark thingies on the ivory family room carpet. (Okay, not really, but work with me here.)

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard it called a "great" toe, but whatever the hell you call it, I hope it gets better quick! And, I hope the munchkins start feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:06 AM

    So sorry to hear about your (unfortunate) trips to Kaiser, hope you are getting some help and support at home, and feeling better soon. Guess all these keep you busy enough not having to report the bookclub meeting and upload the picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Vivian--- she doesn't have the picture. It is still on my phone.

    Have you really started Other Boleyn Girl. It's pretty HOT!

    ReplyDelete