Saturday, June 24, 2006

Chichi froufrou party

It was like a freakin' movie. White tablecloths, white umbrellas, swimming pool with waterfall, tennis courts ... lovely. Just lovely.

And my babysitter? Well, she ... flaked OUT. Not there when Rob went to pick her up. Fuck. What is WRONG with epople?

Thank god for Vanessa and Mark. They saved the day, watched our kids ... and I got drunk.

(It probably helped that I had a head start from the baseball pizza party ... of COURSE we had beer, people. I am nothing if not completely immune to what other (tight assed) people may think of me.)

Tomorrow Santa Cruz ... the beach ... and I am having a corn dog AND a funnel cake. So there.

BTW, I wore the sundress with the cherries and I actually had someone tell me I looked .... wait for it .... BEAUTIFUL. Heh. Don't hear that every day in my wash-n-go hairstyle, sweatpant-wearing, mom-of-3-boys world.

It felt GOOD.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had a sundress with cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you don't get it everyday, it is all the more sincere when you hear it.
    Sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:20 PM

    Did you ever get the cherry shoes?

    RB...conrats on the big news!!

    ReplyDelete