Sunday, August 13, 2006

Success!

Sold the twin bed, 2 dressers, and a bunch of other little home decor items that I didn't want/need at the sale. Pulled in $110 (after paying for half the ad and giving them a cut of the profits) in the 2 days and I only sat at the sale the first day. I am stoked. All the remaining stuff is in the van to go to Goodwill first thing in the morning.

With the $$ I bought a tablecloth for the round table I use as a nightstand, a couple of giant bath sheets to use in the main bath (I hate little towels), a place mat for under the dining room table centerpiece, some shelves for the scrap room, some curtain rods for the scrap room and our bedroom, and a giant Boston fern.*

The dining room and living room actually have some things hung on the walls, and they look great.

We spent the morning outside yesterday. Rob mowed the yard and the kids and I tackled the weeds in the cracks in the driveway and the mini-forest of maple trees that sprouted between our house and the neighbor's. It's technically on her land, but she (and the previous owners) seem to forget about it because they rarely see it. We, however, have to look at it daily and it was awful.

The yard had looked pretty overgrown and neglected but it was amazing how much better it looked after being mowed and having a few really overgrown trees trimmed. There is much more to do but it's almost nice enough to invite people over again.

Rob's cousin is in town this week -- her daughter will be having surgery at Mayo so I may be playing hostess. I do hope to have enough time to get to making those curtains since the garage sale ate up my Friday, the yard ate my Staurday, and today has been simply trying to make rooms more livable.

We did buy a couple of bookshelves for our room and it is nice to see it coming together in there. I need chocolate brown microsude curtains and valances for the room and no one seems to have them. Any suggestions on where to look?

Hope everyone had as pleasant and productive a weekend as I did. More later in the week.

*I have wanted a Boston fern ever since I read Stuart Little. Yes, I know I am a dork. No, I do not apologize for it. Iam a dork in the coolest way possible. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:57 PM

    You sound so productive!
    I, on the other hand, have been sitting around waiting for my damn photos to arrive, via snail mail, from Kodakgallery.com so I can finish my f'n scrapbooks!!!!!! I have decided I WILL NEVER again use Kodak - and use Shutterfly instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:23 AM

    Here by Brian's blog. Our back yard looks like a jungle. We have so much Roses of Sharon and Honeysuckle it makes my head spin. I had it all neatly trimmed early in the spring and then it just took over quicker than I could blink an eye. I'm overwhelmed and discouraged over the matter. Oh well...one of these days it will get cut back again.

    Glad you sold those big pieces of furniture at the garage sale. You certainly bought a lot of stuff with the money you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't a dork and if you want a Boston Fern, you want one. My cats eat every plant I have in the house.

    ReplyDelete