Sunday, October 15, 2006

Domestic diva

When I posted that my darling husband had purchased MDF for our headboard, I had no idea that by this time tonight I would have an almost complete headboard in my basement, complete with its first coat of primer. Go figure.

Rob + power tools = MAGIC

I'm just sayin'.

And while he was being so productive on that I got a case of "I feel guilty becasue I am being a slug and my husband is working on a project assigned by me" so I got out the boiling water canner and 10 lbs. of Haralson apples and made 7 pints of applesauce and a loaf of lemon poppyseed bread.

My kitchen looks like a bomb went off in it.

Tomorrow -- damage control in kitchen, laundry, buy paint for headboard, add second primer coat to headboard, pick up book at library, drop books and movies off at library, buy postcard stamps and return Netflix movie at post office, go to preschool with Spencer.

Tuesday is sewing day. Pray for me.

End of week goal? Post a picture of my bedroom on blog. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. You go Miss Jennifer. I am going to my first scrapbook crop this week. Not sure what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:53 AM

    There's something about a man when he's working with power tools, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you don't have a thing to do!!! :) You seemed so calm in parent group yesterday.... were you running a constant to-do list in your head? That's what I do, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Keep Dear Husband working now on projects because when he "gets older", take it from me, those projects just don't get top priority! Good Job on the house to both of you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete