Thursday, November 09, 2006

The sun is shining,

the sky is blue, and I feel incredibly hopeful and positive about my country today. I know not everyone shares my views, but I want to say that I honestly believe people get into politics for the right reasons. (I don't necessarily think they stay in politics for the right reasons.) We are in need of change. That change will not come unless everyone works together, regardless of political affiliation.

I made a connection today that could put me in a position where I can have a real part in that change -- a volunteer slot that would mean the world to me.

It has been so long since I have been proud of my country.

I am so proud today, so incredibly blessed to live in a nation where government transitions peacefully, where we settle disputes with words, not guns, where we believe every person is valuable and that we can make real, positive change in people's lives.

America the beautiful, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment