Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thirty-nine years ago today


My mom and dad were married. I know the years haven't always been rosy, but they are both so stubborn that they've stuck it out. Thank you to both of you for giving me a wonderful example to live up to -- not a perfect marriage, but a REAL one -- full of love, conflict, support, stress, respect, hard work and everything that marriage encompasses.

You are both amazing parents -- and amazing people. You love fiercely, you know when to step back from a situation, you admit to your mistakes, and every decision you have ever made regarding me has been made out of love. You are wonderful, supportive grandparents to my kids, and you make me feel special and loved every day.

Thank you to both of you. I love you. Have a wonderful anniversary.

(And since this is 39, do I need to start planning a party for next year? Just wondering...)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:30 PM

    What a wonderful moving tribute to your parents! Congratulations to your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:05 PM

    Thanks for the wonderful praise for Dad & I. I've said for years that you can't truly appreciate the peaks in a marriage until you've experienced the valleys and we've done both (because we're stubborn!) I always hoped we would be able to teach our children that and I know with you now, after these words, we succeeded. Anything worth having is worth fighting for and I will always believe our marriage is worth fighting for - even when we truly did fight! Thanks Honey and We Love You! The 40 year thing - well, we don't want a party, but I think you know that! Dinner with our family would be all we want. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete