Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bummer.

Carpet and vinyl guy Mike can't come until Saturday. It actually makes it more convenient for me in terms of the week's schedule, but I am disappointed I have to wait another week.

On the other hand, it gives me time to finish stripping doorways and possibly to paint the hallway, so this is a good thing.

Here is the baking cabinet. Well, a drawer, anyway. The first photo is taken looking straight down. Funny perspective -- sorry. Those are my kitchen cabinets there but they look much prettier and more red than they really are. I do like the molding Rob added, though.


Here is Rob, my intrepid handyman, putting new casters on. Amazing -- the new plastic ones work so much better than the wooden ones that were on there before (I kid you not). This piece is OLD.



Picture #3 shows the trim Rob added to the 2 big drawers and to the sides. Nice, huh? I really like it, and I think it will be great with a little paint and some stain on it to bring out the detail. I may even get the thing primed and painted this week.



In other news, despite my best efforts, some of the spray stripper got on my living room floor and onto my stereo. Not such a good thing. I am bitter and aggravated with myself. Blech. I am sure I'll get over it, but AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

Anyway. Progress is being made. It will all work out.

1 comment: