Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday

Woo hoo! I have been keeping up with my "at least a load a day" laundry resolution and I feel as though it's pretty well under control.

I cleaned some more in the laundry/storage room and I can actually walk in there -- makes it so much more pleasant since I have to be down there doing laundry anyway.

I also brought some stuff to a LSS (that's local scrapbook store for you non-scrappers) that is having a garage sale. You get the money from whatever they sell of yours (you price the items) in store credit. Whatever doesn't sell goes to Ronald McDonald House. Nice to get rid of some stuff I know I won't use.

I found the missing house stain last night in my husband's *ahem* work room. Which is really just a disaster area with a bunch of tools and home improvement materials in no particular order. Anyway, despite the fact that it is 9 years old, the stain is still good. So I mixed it well, put a coat on the front door trim and around the entry, and poured the rest into a quart paint can. I'll do another coat if needed today and get to the back door as well.

I cleaned the oven yesterday in the midst of Rob's projects, too. Those self clean modes scare me -- the outside even gets warm, and the smell is icky. I always feel like I should call 911. I was a little more comfortable doing it with him home. It really wasn't too dirty, but we've had it for a year -- I figured it wouldn't hurt.

This morning I cleaned the fridge. Oh, I am lovin' that. Trouble is it made me realize we have almost no fresh fruits or veggies ... time for a trip to the grocery store for those and some ingredients for Rob's birthday cake. I always make him a from scratch German Chocolate cake and bring it to work. This year his little brother and sister-in-law will be here for dinner with us, so I need to bake 2 cakes as well as do the tri-tip and a Caprese salad for dinner. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the cakes rise properly. I haven't quite got the hang of them with this oven, so we'll see.

Today ... blood work, grocery store, staining the front and side entries, finishing the sanding on the dresser, priming the dresser ... it feels so good to be getting things done. I'm nesting so much you'd think I was pregnant! LOL

Have a good week, all.

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever...you know...sleep? You're like the busiest person I know!

    ReplyDelete