Tuesday, October 23, 2007

At last .....

Here's the dresser/baking cabinet this morning. The wood top has been sanded and it is ready for the new top.

And now, it is done. It has been 5 weeks since I ordered the doggone thing. They told me it would be done in 3-4 weeks. Yesterday I threw a tantrum and here it is. Isn't it gorgeous? I am so happy.

Take your time; appreciate it from all angles. I certainly did.

The color is Absolute Green. I was afraid it wouldn't look right in the kitchen; and we all know if we have too long to second-guess ourselves it is not a good thing, right? But it is perfect. I love it ...

and here is my favorite shot of all. That white rectangle on top is what I've been using since I was married (almost 12 years) to roll out pie crusts and pastry.

I am definitely moving up in the world.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:32 PM

    It is BEAUTIFUL and GreatGrandma Ethel would be so happy to know that you are using this piece she had and enjoying it so much! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:58 PM

    When can I come over for pie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:21 PM

    Ahhh, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete