Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend

Oh. My. Goodness. Did we ever have fun on our little getaway, notwithstanding the annoyance I felt at my dear husband because he did his usual freak-out thing right before we left. We've been married almost 12 years -- you would think I would just learn to expect him to freak and that it wouldn't bother me anymore. Oh well.

Here are a few pix from the Waterpark of America.





We got home last night and decided not to do the rock show today. Rain was in the forecast so Rob ran out to at least get the gate put in (we're installing chain-link fencing back there). Lo and behold, the rain held off, he got it all done, and I managed to get over half of the pile of brush that's been sitting out there into the firepit and burned. The yard looks much better. Still some work to do, but progress is good.

And today I got a 27 page Excel document done, complete with pictures of special items in my grandma's home. She wants to send the document to everyone in the family asking what pieces they want -- jewelry, furniture, dishes, collectibles, and the hundreds of oil paintings she has done. I will add descriptions of the pieces as we go along -- for now, the document has been created, there are close to 200 pictures in it, and I feel good about it.

A tree up the street is in its full glory today -- I tried to capture it.



Another busy week ahead. I am hoping the Silestone will be installed, I have 2 full days of volunteering at school (Thursday and Friday), and the pattern for Nancy's sweatshirt is in at the sewing store, so I will be trying to get to that as soon as I can, too.

And while we were at the hotel I got more recipes copied, so I am that much closer to my goal.

Have a good week, all.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:55 AM

    You're so dang organized! The waterpark looks like a blast, glad yall had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Wish I would've been able to enjoy my time off other than wrotong reserach papers, Ugg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great time, the malls are a blast, the Gremezians were so to have them built.

    ReplyDelete