Sunday, October 14, 2007

Entertaining

I LOVE having people over. Last night we had a blast, drinking this really wonderful Sauvignon Blanc that was all citrus-y and full of the bright grapefruit flavor that just danced in your mouth. We listened to Springsteen, talked about a performance of King Lear that my friend Tracy saw (starring Ian McKellan, no less) and much to my surprise, I beat Tracy at bowling on the Wii.

The kids played, the food was good, Tracy's fall dessert was rich and perfect for the kind of day it was yesterday -- clear blue skies, crisp temperatures, and a hint of a breeze. It definitely felt like fall.

Today, though, I am glad to be sitting here in my scrap room (the desk and scrap shelf are CLEAN, by the way). My kids are watching TV and working on a craft project. I was up last night from 2 to 5 with insomnia so I stayed home while everyone else went to church and caught up on my sleep. I am still in my jammies (flannel pants and shirt, light blue, with Grumpy and Dopey all over them). Rob left for the hardware store at 11. It is almost 1 and no sign of him. LOL I think he is procrastinating on the homework. Poor guy hasn't had any time to just relax in forever. There is a stock pot on the stove, simmering a chicken carcass, a host of vegetables, and a lot of spices. In a bit I will strain it all and we'll have soup one night this week.

Yeah, I do love to spend time with friends in my home. But today, it is clean, it is quiet, and I am simply enjoying being in a cozy, comfortable house while the rain falls outside and the world moves one step closer to winter.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a wonderful evening with friends...you are lucky. do share the name of that wine if you would...I love to try new ones and your description of that fruity one makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:40 PM

    Sounds like a divine day.

    ReplyDelete