Monday, October 08, 2007

Everybody say YEAH!

Here's the crown molding -- I am so glad it's done, and Rob did a great job.




I scored this cute little thing at the rummage sale at church today -- it's missing some mirrors but I can fix that with mirror tiles and double-sided tape. It is sparkly, shiny, bejeweled and completely fab. The perfect girly accessory for my scrap room.



And in other news, I haven't said much about the "friends" that I used to have here that sort of blew me off when I moved back. I don't know if it was intentional or that I was not liked by a newer member of the group, but I was pretty hurt by it, frankly. I just never understood what exactly it was that I did to deserve being treated like shit.

But today I got an email that one of those "friends" has had a terrible accident in her family. When I heard, I knew I should call. It's just that, well, I am still hurt. And this person and I are both very strong personalities and we have had some clashes. But when Rob's dad died that group of friends rallied for us. They helped us through a very difficult time. And I took a deep breath and called. I offered rides, meals, whatever they need. And I meant it. And, honestly? I just hope now that my sincere effort to be a decent human being will not come back to bite me in the ass.

Cross your fingers. And if you're the praying type, that family could use some right now.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:36 PM

    I am proud of you for taking that step. You did the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The molding looks good. Hopefully you're reaching out may change things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:31 PM

    You have a very talented husband. Wow does that look nice, wish I had half of you ambition, can't wait to go down and see all your improvements. As far as your friends, you are the best there is and you will help them all you can as who was there for me? and if people are meant to be friends they will be. Love your Mother in Law

    ReplyDelete