Sunday, October 07, 2007

Cool stuff

1. Rummage sale stuff is out of my spare bedroom and is now someone else's treasure (or problem, whichever... LOL)

2. Magnetic paint (all 6 coats) is on the back of my scrap storage shelf and I freehand painted some designs and words on it. There is still room if you have a word suggestion for me. I really am happy with this, too. Very whimsical.



3. This project, which I found in Family Fun magazine, has been in the works since June. I had it hanging up but the location was giving me some trouble. To explain, I have a wood cornice above my washer and dryer. There is a dowel about the diameter of a closet rod inside, and a fabric panel hangs down to give the room some color, visual interest, and to hide all the icky pipes and stuff back there. The project hung fine, but the letters were all jumble-y and tipped so you couldn't see them well. Inspiration struck in church today -- self-adhesive pin backs! So the pin backs are stuck to the clothespins and then pinned to the curtain to hold them in place and keep them upright. Ta-daaaaaa! You can find directions to the project here.



Rob is working on the crown molding and dinner is in the oven, so all in all it has been a most productive weekend. *Insert giant grinning smiley here.*

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:29 AM

    I recommend "whimsy" for your board! :)

    ReplyDelete