Monday, October 29, 2007

Good news all around

I got a call from the friend that I said I've been failing of late. Bless her, she was so understanding and said it was ok, she knew I had been struggling with depression and that I have a lot on my plate with the kids, etc. Well, yes, but it's not an excuse. Whatever, she is okay and we are okay and for that I am grateful.

And I found some fabric on ebay that I love -- it will go nicely in the kitchen and I have found a lovely woman to *gasp* sew a cover for my Kitchen Aid mixer for me. I know, I know, I could do it, but it's not that much more to have her do it and she really does a beautiful job. Plus I have decided that I want to sew a cover for my sewing machine and today I found the cutest idea for covers for ladder back chairs and I may have to make those for my dining chairs for Christmas. The auction was 1 minute from ending and I got outbid. Normally I would just let the item go, but tonight I was feisty and I decided that someone would not be allowed to come in and take MY fabric. LOL Thank goodness for high-speed internet.

My folks have returned from a long weekend in Vegas. My mom is celebrating a birthday in a few weeks and she wanted to do it in style -- with Jimmy Buffett. So she and my dad, some of their friends, and my dad's little brother and his wife all met in Sin City. Mom and Dad had front row seats at the concert and had a ball, and I guess everyone had a pretty good time.

I am glad they'll be home tomorrow night (they're staying at some friends' tonight) because I miss talking to her. We talk almost every day and I am sort of lost without her. LOL

1 comment:

  1. And later-- you can make a cover for your cover.

    ReplyDelete