Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Today was chaos. Spencer had a dentist appointment at 9:30. I was cleaning at a friend's house from 10:30 until close to noon. Spence went to school and I headed to the grocery store because the whole house was bare. Home from the grocery store to unload groceries, start making the meatloaf for dinner, peel potatoes, and begin cutting pumpkins open to be carved. Plus I was still pulling out decorations. LOL

But it all worked out fine. The Mummy Meatloaf was delicious. The mashed potato ghosts were more like mashed potato pancakes. Not exactly a resounding success, but they tasted okay.



And here are my 4 little costumed cuties:

Garrett (Smartie Pants)




Evan (Twins player Torii Hunter)



Spencer (Frankenstein)




And #4: Princess Pippa!
(and you thought it was gonna be Rob. Ha!)

She ran to the door every time the bell rang tonight. I think she was yelling, "Get me out of here! This crazy lady is trying to put a HAT on me, for god's sake!" LOL Just so we are clear, this was not my doing. I found the hat at PetSmart, but Rob bought it. I lay the blame squarely on his shoulders. LOL



We carved pumpkins using templates from the web --Better Homes & Gardens had a cool jack-o-lantern maker, and I found the skull at some random site. I tried to do a monogram "H" but it wasn't bright enough to show up in the pictures. (Apparently I needed to be a little tougher when scraping the pumpkin's flesh) but it got a lot of comments anyway. Next year I'll do it better.





It was a crazy day but I know the kids had a good time. They loved the meatloaf (apparently scary food tastes better) and got lots of candy. We had fewer than 25 trick-or-treaters this year. A little disappointing. On the up side, though, the weather was gorgeous. Not something we take for granted up here in the North country. The temp was above 50 tonight. Woo hoo.

Thus ends another Halloween. Whew. It's a downhill slide until Christmas. Are you ready?

6 comments:

  1. That meatloaf is crazy! What are the teeth and eyes made of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meatloaf is the nastiest thing I've ever seen! Yuck! (of course, I don't care for meatloaf in general, but meatloaf that looks like the dead? Not for me! ;) )

    Your pumpkins look great, you are a much better mom than me today...I let my 8 and 4 year old trick or treat alone! :o Of course, I could see them most of the time and they just did our street where I know all my neighbors (I'm gonna miss that!!).

    Give Princess Pippa a smooch for me for being a good sport! I'm sure Miss M will love that photo when I show her tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the craziness, ya'll look like you had a great time! That mummy meatloaf is super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the princess Pippa hat. Bucky usually doesn't tolerate anything on his head. Cool pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That meatloaf is AWESOME! U will have to send me the link where you found that. The kids would LOVE it! Your boys are getting sooo big and soo handsome! Ecspecially Spencer....WHAT A CUTIE! LOL. Do u have yahoo? My screen name is Jolenegreen2....what about myspace? Let me know...I have them both. TTYS

    ReplyDelete
  6. you did a good job on the meatloaf! And I love the costumes!
    -michann

    ReplyDelete