Saturday, October 06, 2007

Whew

We seem to have made it through the icky fever thing that Evan and Spencer had. Of course I got it too and it manifested itself as a killer headache but it seems okay now.

Rob will be home shortly to discover that I have cleaned his "work room." Honestly, my scrap room (aka crap room) doesn't deserve the crap name after all. My husband saves *everything*. He has tiny pieces of wood scraps that are good for nothing, tons of miscellaneous sized pieces of scrap wood, and lots of them are next to the furnace. Ummmm, honey? You won't let me have an electric blanket because of the fire hazard but you will store wood and turpentine next to the furnace? Seriously, I am going to buy an electric blanket and you are gonna shut the hell up about it.

I vacuumed his room, moved stuff around, cleaned some things out (to be fair, some of the stuff was mine), and mopped the floor. There was sawdust all over, so that is gone, and he can now access his tools, including the compound miter saw and the new band saw. I also got the vacuum hose into the cabinet the laundry chute drops into and cleared out the dust and dirt from there. We will be finishing the crown molding in the living/dining room this week before Wednesday. Of course now I want crown molding in my bedroom, too. LOL

I now have 4 coats of magnetic paint on the back of my scrap shelf, with another 2 to go before it is "sticky" enough, and I have a coat of paint drying on the interior side of the back door. It was just plain primer ivory but I wanted paint on it and it looks so nice now.

This week I will get Uncle Henry in the mail, along with some family history files that the cemetery will place in the records for me, and I will mail the request for his free headstone to the Veterans' Administration. My sweet grandma sent me money to cover my mailing expenses for Henry and the phone calls I've made ... and some money for some archival products for storing some of my large family photos. PLUS she included money "just because." I am stashing it so I can buy a Silhouette or a Wishblade.

And as a happy little side note, 60 Minutes on CBS features an interview with Bruce Springsteen tomorrow night at 7 PM Eastern and Pacific, 6 PM Central time.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:41 AM

    A day in the life . . . love it!

    ReplyDelete