Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Organization tip

I cannot tell you how many times I have been part of conversations about organizing life with kids. One of the biggest questions parents have is, "How do I store all of these gigantic art projects?"

In our house, we have a closet door that we tape all of the art projects to. We take pictures, sometimes of the whole closet door, sometimes of individual projects, so that we have a record of them. Once the photo is taken the item is mailed to a relative, sent to work with Daddy, or surreptitiously deposited in the trash. I keep a selected number of the originals in a Sterilite 3-drawer container in my scrap room (one drawer for each child).

Yesterday, though, I received a catalog in the mail and it contained an item I just had to share. The catalog is called "Toys to Grow On" and it is chock full of wonderful, creative, educational games and toys.

The spotlight today is on "My Keepsake Portfolio" -- a 15 by 19-inch personalized accordion folder with tab dividers. It is a marvelous solution for anyone who has struggled with where or how they are going to keep the gigantic macaroni pictures and puffy foamy dot pictures their little darling has created.

Have a good day! It seems my cold has really taken hold of me and I am sluggish and zombie-like, so I am off to grab yet another cup of English Teatime and a new box of Kleenex.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    I'm not willing to share what I'm doing with all the kids stuff until I come up with a solution, but suffice to say . . . that portfolio isn't large enough for us. :eek:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The portfolio is really cute!

    However, I took two pieces of posterboard, taped three edges together and made a sleeve for the artwork. Wrote each kid's name on it and slid the whole thing behind the couch.

    Taking photos is such a good idea!

    I try to cull the herd down to about 4 things a year if I can help it. Too much to hang on to you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that toy catalog. I get it in the mail but have never ordered from it, LOL. I have a Giant wishlist though...LOL. I do like the taking picture idea! thats what we do....That way I can scrap them if I want, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to ask myself the same question-- now i just throw it all out. (There will be plenty more where that came from!)

    I've got the "throw-it-away" technique down. I've even thrown stuff away at school! (Being a class helper has it's advantages.)

    ReplyDelete