Thursday, December 06, 2007

It's Thursday again ...

the morning wasn't too bad (probably because the kids had practice for their production from 9:30-10:30 in another classroom LOL) and I am looking forward to going back for the afternoon with Spencer. Dinner is in the crock pot (although I made it up as I went along, so it may not be edible), and my daily load of laundry is complete.

Yesterday's sun made a great difference in my mood, and today I woke up at 7:30 and had 20 minutes in front of my light. I am seeing a huge difference as a result of regular light use again and I have vowed to start using the light in mid-October next year to avoid that slump.

I have plans for upcoming entries here: one about how a family keeps the Christmas gift chaos to a minimum that I want to share, and some thoughts on generosity prompted by one very special generous gift I received yesterday.

Last thing: the family I wrote about whose daughter is ill are still here in Rochester and it appears they will be for the foreseeable future. I'd like to invite them to our house on Christmas day. We typically do appetizers and snacks all day -- fondue, a baked brie, sweets, hot artichoke dip, etc. Should I just ask them to come anytime after 1 PM and stay as long as they'd like? Does anybody have suggestions of what else I can do/give/offer? I want to be kind and helpful, not annoying and hover-y. Thanks for any advice you may have.

And some of her friends are making buttons with her picture and the words "Prayers for Megan" on them to raise funds for the family. They cost $5 each. If you'd like one, let me know and I will get more information to you.

2 comments:

  1. I think that it sounds very nice what you're planning for that family. Even if they don't take you up on the offer, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. Did they get in at the Ronald McDonald house?

    As for gifts, if they don't have cell phones with a ton of minutes...a calling card would probably be appreciated so they can update other family members.

    That's all I can think of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sounds really nice. I am sure they would be delighted to be invited to spend the day in someone's actual home rather than a more medical setting.

    One other thing you could do is put together a basket of time passers (magazines, puzzle books, small craft kits) and fun treats like PEZ and snacks. Friends did that for us when Miss M was in the hospital, it was really nice.

    ReplyDelete