Sunday, January 13, 2008

Forgot to share this ...



I did this 12x12 - inch page for my mother-in-law and put it in a shadowbox frame for Christmas.

I had the photo taken of all 7 grandkids in June when they were all here in Rochester. Miraculously everyone (especially me) kept the picture a secret so JoAnn had no idea that I'd had it taken. I bought a package and have copies of it to mail to all the aunts and uncles but I didn't want to send them out until after Christmas.

The page itself presented a host of problems for me. I generally encourage coordinating wardrobes but since this was a last minute shoot and the kids were all on vacation (with limited wardrobe choices) I just let them choose what they wanted to wear. Little did I know that it would be one of my kids' choices that would give me all the trouble. Garrett looks great in that green color, but it was wonky with the rest of the clothes. I bought several pieces of patterned paper but nothing worked (of course I bought all of them without having the picture along, which would likely have been helpful).

Once I seemed to have gotten it all together I punched out a tag and ran it through my printer ... and it caught in the printer and got ruined. After printing again and creating a tag I think I got it.

The picture is actually mounted in clear photo corners and nothing is touching the photo itself -- so at some point it could be removed from the shadowbox and put in a separate frame if desired.

Anyway, it is done and she seemed very happy with it, so all is well.

And every time I see the photo I will think of the Sears photographer who was horrified that she was shooting ALL 7 kids. At once. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Well the photographer did a great job. I know that pain. I was a photographer at Sears for about 6 months after I graduated from college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure JoAnn loved it. She would have loved it if they were all wearing different colors of tye-dye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat shadowbox page! Great job!

    Can't believe they all managed to keep the big secret too.

    And heeheehee about the photographer...I live to make those people work for their wage! ;)

    ReplyDelete