Thursday, January 03, 2008

Tagged

Sarah tagged me and I am fresh out of inspiration (but look out tomorrow, after the Iowa caucuses) so here goes:

New Year's Eve -- do you like to stay in or go out?

We are stay in kind of people. Usually we do a countdown and toast with sparkling cider at 8 for the kids, then put them to bed and I cook a ridiculously expensive and/or involved dinner for the 2 of us.

Do you like to stay up or just go to sleep?

We usually stay up for the ball drop at 11 our time and then hit the hay. The kids are up early!

Any special plans this year?

This year we ate take out Chinese with Rob's mom and his brother's family of 4 on some gorgeous China (in a Chinese pattern) from my grandma.

What's your favorite New Year's memory?

Maybe 1992 or 1993 ... not sure which year. Rob had driven to southern California with his dad to pick up a sailboat and bring it back to North Dakota. They did the whole trip in about 4 days. He got back New Year's Eve and came right over to my parents' and fell asleep on the couch. I had to push him out the door to go back to his parents' and get some sleep. It was sweet. LOL

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I don't, usually. Used to, but I was so good at breaking them I gave it up. I am a goal setter by nature (as you know if you read here regularly) and I tend to feel less guilt if I just resolve things when the time feels right. I don't always get everything done, but the whole "New Year's Resolution" thing puts too much pressure on me. Weird, I know.

Feel like sharing them?

Do you do anything special on New Year's Day?

No. It is my favorite holiday for that reason. Nothing to do, no reason to go out in the unbearably cold temperatures, no reason to get dressed. Which I did not, this year. We stayed in, ate leftovers, played the Wii, and watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Lovely.

1 comment:

  1. 99% of precincts reporting Obama and Huckabee...let's hear it!!

    ReplyDelete