Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Patience is a virtue

My mom always told me that. Mostly because of all of the good qualities I am in short supply of, patience probably tops the list.

This week will be an exercise in patience for me. The watermelon pickles take 3 days. Seriously.

Day One:
Peel the dark green skin off the watermelon rind. Cut the rind into small pieces, approximately 1"x2". Place in a container, cover with cold water, and mix in 1 tablespoon of powdered alum. Let sit overnight.



Yep. It's riveting, I know. I'll update daily, though, and by week's end I will be reveling in the crispy deliciousness.

Yesterday afternoon we partied at the pool with some friends -- here are my 3 boys along with David and Nora. A good time was had by all. LOL



Later, guys.

2 comments:

  1. Those sound fascinating. I would love to try a pickle like that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I await the pickely goodness.

    Baited breath.

    Riveted.

    ReplyDelete