Monday, January 19, 2009

It's coming down!

In early 2001 I found an image online. I printed it out and taped it to my computer monitor, vowing that it would stay up until the second Bush Presidency was over.

I have since changed monitors several times, moved several times, and the picture has stayed, on my monitor or taped to my roll top desk as I moved around and George W overstayed his welcome.

I was shocked that I had to leave it up in 2005.

But tomorrow is the day I have waited for. There are so many reasons that I am happy about tomorrow -- so many reasons my heart is full and brimming with hope and happiness.

But one little reason that makes me so very happy is that tomorrow, this will come off my desk and be moved to a scrapbook page.

I haven't decided whether an image will be put up to replace it, to symbolize the work I did with so many others to get us to January 20, 2009. But every time I don't see this image that has been part of my daily life for 8 years, I will smile.

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOO glad today is the day we've waited eight years for! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete