Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Updates

I hadn't mentioned it but before Christmas Pippa, for some unknown reason, peed on my comforter. While it was on the bed.

It's a very good thing I am cold blooded and have tons of blankets, as they saved my mattress.

I have a super-capacity washer and I've found that if you pour a cup of white vinegar into the washer it eradicates the odor, but I (in a moment of shameful wastefulness) threw the comforter away. It was not in good shape -- the dog lying on it had not done its appearance any favors, and her nails caught on the threads and pulled them. In short, it looked tacky. But I hadn't wanted to replace it and have the dog all over it again, ruining it.

So the pee incident set my resolve. The dog no longer sleeps on my bed. Ever. She is not allowed up there. It is MY space. (Well, Rob's and mine.) She has a little bed and blanket and she is just fine down there at night.



And a comforter that I'd been looking at since Christmas fortuitously went on sale last week and I snapped it up.

It's sort of taupe. Tan with a distinct gray undertone. The paisley is ivory with aqua and lavender accents. I wasn't at all sure it would work with the warm brown of my headboard, but I am quite pleased with it.




Tonight we build the new bookcase.

2 comments:

  1. I like the comforter and can't wait to see the bookcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pippa looks perfectly comfortable in her little bed. we kicked our dogs out of our bed too, mostly for their safety.

    Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete