Thursday, June 04, 2009

My Circle Journal

I am working on the CJ I have right now. It will be mailed out to the next person by June 15. I figured I should probably post my journal, though. I am looking forward to seeing what the other girls do with mine.

The theme is Books (is anyone who knows me surprised by this? I thought not).

Here is the introduction page. The book on the dictionary stand has multiple pages that contain the rules and instructions for the CJ.



This is one of the sign in pages. There are 2, but they are almost identical except for the colors of the books. Each book spine will contain the person's name, the book title and author, and the city where the person lives. The books lift up (they are hinged at the top) to reveal white paper on which they can add their signature and other details.



This is my layout about one of my favorite books. There is a lot of journaling, but I really wanted the story to be told, so I wrote it all down. My layout will be the inspiration for the others in the book. My only request in terms of design is that they include one red element on the layout so that it ties the layout together with the red album cover.




I am having a great time with this so far, and I look forward to receiving my CJ back with all the new book recommendations for me!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:42 PM

    This is totally you! I love it. I can't wait for you to put more pictures up when you get it back. Have a great time doing this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Circle Journals when I was still scrapping. Unfortunately there were issues with two different groups and some of the girls never got their books back- makes me mad to even think about it again! I love your book idea and the intro and sign-in pages are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is an awesome idea Jennifer! I love the concept and the sign in page design! You'll have to at least share the recommendations you receive when you get it back! I love books!

    ReplyDelete