Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer time, and the livin' is ...

well, not so easy yet. First day of summer break and Garrett had an immunization appointment at 9:30. So it's over and he doesn't have to worry about it all summer.

We then spent the day at the flip house. It is a lot of fun to do home improvement work on somebody else's dime. LOL And she is doing a green flip, so as little waste as possible, recycling/donating anything that could be useful to someone else, environmentally friendly cleaning products, low VOC paint ... it's pretty cool. And the house will be so nice when it's done.

Then I had 2 DFL meetings, which had disappointing attendance. I know, it's summer, but I had ONE guy show up for the first meeting, and 3 for the second. (And 2 of those found out about the meeting last night and were totally new to the whole deal.) Not that encouraging, but the meetings were held, progress was made, and that's the important thing. I can catch everybody else up on stuff later.

Tomorrow is prep day for the fly-in. I have decided to bring my world famous gazpacho dip and my oven-roasted potato salad for the potluck, so I will be roasting potatoes to bring along and shopping for groceries. Friday night we're having a tri-tip roast with my folks and sort of potlucking it with side dishes, Saturday is the big potluck and hog roast (don't even get me started on this topic) and Sunday we'll do breakfast and head home. I am pretty excited!

As a side note, I highly recommend Wendy's boneless wings with the Spicy Asian sauce AND the Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty (and how funny is that commercial? LOL). Rob brought them to me for dinner tonight. With my schedule today I had not eaten AT ALL. I devoured the Wendy's and am now going to snuggle up with my husband and watch some mindless television. :)

1 comment: