Sunday, February 21, 2010

Say no to UFOs!

I stole the title from my friend Susan. UFOs in the craft world are "Unfinished Objects." I have been alternately working on this and guiltily ignoring it since November 2008.

And today, after some struggling with the bias tape and the waistband interfacing, it is a Finished Object. Woot. Without further ado, I give you the Full Contact Apron:



Teresa works for a publisher and often sends me books. This is just one of the many perks of being friends with her. The post linked above mentions a book she sent me.



I said I was going to review it and then didn't. Having completed 2 projects (the apron and the pincushion, to be shown later in the week) from it now, I wholeheartedly endorse it. Cute projects, fun ideas, and a comprehensive list of sewing basics. As a novice seamstress I would have liked a few more specifics about placing the fabric ties into the waistband and the process of turning them right side out as well, but that might be because I have a terrible time visualizing things in 3D.

On the whole I do recommend it, and I would encourage anybody who's interested in sewing and fabric art to visit Anna Maria Horner's blog, too. She's a fabric designer who has a wonderful "shabby chic" sensibility in her home decor. It's simple and clean without being "twee," as my British friends would say. She also has a newer book, released in 2009, of baby items. Likely worth checking out, as well, if you have a need for such items. I do not, LOL, so I'll be on the lookout for her next offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment